Supreme Court of the United States Group Swearing-In Ceremony
The Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia is pleased to provide its members with the opportunity to apply for admission to the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States.
To participate, you will need to be a current WBA member, submit the requisite materials, including the Bar Admissions form, a certificate of good standing from the highest court of a jurisdiction where you are admitted, and payment.
The swearing in will be held on Monday, November 14, 2022, in the morning. Applications are due by Friday, September 9, 2022 (no extensions).
This is a WBA Members Only Opportunity
Not a member? Visit wbadc.org/join or contact the office at 202-639-8880 and we will assist in getting you signed up for membership.
1. Indicate Interest
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest. This will help us confirm our numbers and follow up as needed.
2. Complete application
- Download the application from https://www.supremecourt.gov/filingandrules/supremecourtbar.aspx
- Applications must have a QR code on the first page (Please use the court approved form).
- The first page should be filled out in the fillable PDF, completed in its entirety, and printed. Do not use “all caps.” The second page may be filled out in the fillable PDF and printed or handwritten (if legible).
- Scanned signatures are currently being accepted.
- Sponsors: Any person who is a Bar Member of the U.S. Supreme Court, but are not related to the applicant by blood and marriage. This includes: mother/father, aunt/uncle, sister/brother, mother-in-law, father-in-law.
- You can find a list of Supreme Court practitioners here.
- If you need assistance finding a sponsor, contact email@example.com. If you submit your application by Friday, September 2, 2022, we can help find a WBA member to sponsor you.
3. Certificate of good standing
- Provide a certificate of good standing from the highest court of a jurisdiction where you are admitted to practice
- Do not submit a certificate from a state bar association or federal court.
- Only one state court certificate is required for each applicant.
- Electronic certificate are accepted, via visible seal.
- Include a personal check, cashier’s check, or money order made payable to “Supreme Court of the United States” in the amount of $200. NO corporate/business checks.
- Personal checks must be dated for the day of admission (November 14, 2022).
5. Submit the Package
Your complete application, certificate of good standing, and payment of $200.00 must be received by 5:00pm ET, Friday, September 9, 2022. You can mail, use overnight delivery, courier, or drop off:
Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
ATTN: SCOTUS Swearing-In Ceremony
2800 Eisenhower Avenue, Suite 2100
Alexandria, VA 22314
Do not send your application directly to the Supreme Court.
6. Next Steps
- WBA will review your application. If there is any missing information, we will notify you and let you know the deadline for updated materials.
- WBA will deliver the group of applications to the Supreme Court.
- Each person applying for admission may have one guest accompany them inside the courtroom. We will contact you after the application deadline for your guest information.
- Optional Breakfast: You and your guest can attend an optional breakfast after the ceremony. The price will be determined by the end of August. We will contact you after the application deadline to confirm your interest in attending the breakfast (and payment for same).
Questions? Contact Carol Montoya at 202-639-8880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.