The Monica Parham Memorial Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award will be given by the Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia at its 2021 Annual Dinner, to be held on October 6, 2021, at the International Spy Museum in Washington, DC.
Monica Parham served as WBA President during the 2011-2012 Bar year, and served as WBA Foundation President from 2016-2018. In addition to being a beloved member of the WBA community, she also was a dedicated and impactful diversity and inclusion professional.
In her memory, the WBA seeks to recognize an individual or organization for meaningful and demonstrably impactful work to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal profession. This award also is consistent with the theme for the 2020-2021 Bar year: The Importance of Allies and Friends. The WBA seeks nominees for this award who are committed to and have demonstrated an impact in increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal profession, and who have successfully engaged allies in doing so.
The nomination narrative should describe how the nominee meets those goals.
Deadline for nominations is 5:00 PM ET, Friday, June 25, 2021.
- Nominations are accepted from all parties; neither the nominee nor the nominator are required to be a WBA member.
- It is preferred, but not required, that the nominee is based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
- Submit completed nomination form and supporting documentation prior to the deadline; mailed nominations must be RECEIVED by the nomination deadline of 5:00 PM ET, Friday, June 25, 2021.
- An Awards Committee will consider all nominations.
- Acting upon the recommendation of the Awards Committee, the WBA Board will make the final decision.
- Honoree will be notified in advance and invited to attend and provide remarks at the WBA/WBAF Annual Dinner on October 6, 2021.
- Nomination narrative (not to exceed four pages, double-spaced) that addresses the nominee’s contributions to the diversity, equity, and inclusion of the legal profession
- Nominee résumé/biography/informational narrative (for organizations)
- Articles by or about the nominee (optional)
- Letters in support of the nomination (optional)